Marketing Site Redesign
The original marketing site was put up as an MVP. Use cases and user flows were not considered. I was asked to do a complete redesign with the following considerations.
- Design had to work with existing WordPress backend editor
- Main use case - support sales
- Site needed to help with recruiting effort
- Much of the current traffic for the site was from the friend & family user group who should be going to a different website
- The product marketing strategy and product categorization needed to be rethought
- Marketing wanted a more human-focused/testimonal-based approach
I conducted several information sessions with the Marketing Director, CMO, VP of Sales, some sales staff, and account managers. During these sessions, I had them review the existing site and explain what worked for them and what didn't and asked them for examples of sites that they liked. I reviewed data from Google Analytics on the existing marketing site. I had several content strategy sessions with CMO and director of marketing to rethink product organization/categorization. I distilled all these learnings into the information architecture and site structure.
To get the misdirected users to the correct site, I designed a modal that asks first-time visitors to choose their use case - communicating with inmates or looking for inmate communications solutions for their jail/prison. Users who selected the second option are cookied so upon return they will not see the modal.
- I rethought the page layouts and standardized the look/feel of content-driven pages like news and programs to make them easier to scan and navigate.
- I redesigned the careers page to put a friendlier face on the company and to better highlight benefits and thought leadership.
- I added forms that link to SalesForce to each of the main product pages to help capture leads.
- The result was a fully responsive site with self-contained pages for each product that sales can send to prospective customers.
Check out an interactive prototype here. Live site will be launching end of Q4.